I was charged a $38 "Mandatory Reorganization Fee" by ETrade when a stock had a reverse split. If you know the company is going to do a split, and this fee is of a significant amount for you - move your account to a different broker. What is the Chapter 11 bankruptcy process? Date: 2/12/2001 8:45 PM Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll. Open an account today. Securities trading is offered through Robinhood Financial LLC. There are plenty of brokers who let you set up an account for free with low minimum balances and small trade fees. Can we assume the United States? Some brokerages charge a fee and some don't. As such, these amounts cannot be deducted. I was only barely putting up with the $10 trade fee because when I was still trading Robin Hood hadn't come out on Android. Press question mark to learn the rest of the keyboard shortcuts. Though i was safe buying stocks just to speculate, in a year I had over $300 in fees, after paying commissions. Processing and service fees assessed by third parties maybe passed through to the customer's account. I The index reorg … You release and agree to indemnify and hold harmless Robinhood, and the Third-Party Providers, for any loss or damages arising from or relating to such discontinuation or modification. If not, do I add it to my tax basis? Thanks for the reply. Robinhood MarketsInc. I was told by Rep at Ameritrade, … In case you’re questioning how we all know this, simply take a look at on-line investing app Robinhood. Wait until tomo and I'll spread the word in our sc office you will be calling in. MANDATORY REORGANIZATION FEE Some of us over on the Disney board were charged the above fee. Robinhood, a commission-free stock brokerage, got inspired by high-frequency traders and electronic trading firms which pay effectively nothing but only to execute trades. I dot have a series 7. Robinhood provides free stock, options, ETF and cryptocurrency trades, and its account minimum is $0, too. Paper statements and trade confirms cost $2 each for accounts below $10,000. But you can also pay for a smaller credit line than you're "eligible" for. RH charges no fees for splits. I'm guessing "Can you waive this $38 fee for me?" Mandatory Reorganization fees are charged when there is a reverse stock split or a mandatory cash merger. I'm so done with TD Ameritrade. I work with the people that do though, New comments cannot be posted and votes cannot be cast, Press J to jump to the feed. will be his first if not only question. I’m considering switching from TD Ameritrade only because their reorganization fees are outrageous, but would like to know if Robinhood also charges this fee. If I could recommend, only use options to leverage risk from other things in your portfolio. In other words, if you have a $10,000 account, you can pay $50 per month for up to $10,000 in margin debt. E*Trade charge $38 (see Reorganizations under Other fees), TD Ameritrade charge $38. Robinhood fees Robinhood trading fees Robinhood's trading fees are low which makes it suitable for you even if you trade often (i.e. There doesn't seem to be anyway to get out of the fee. Does Robin Hood have a similar fee? Robinhood does not charge a deposit fee. This Menlo Park, California-based company provides brokerage services to more than six million users and boasts a valuation of more than $7.5 billion. $38 for mandatory reorganization fee $38 for voluntary tender offer E*Trade alternative investment fee: $250 for annual custody fee per position $75 for new purchases and/or re-registration for transfers $50 capital call fee $75 liquidation fee Robinhood: $0 reorganization fee Webull: $0 reorganization fee What is the difference between Chapter 11 and Chapter 7 bankruptcy? 2 weeks Fighting against the “Mandatory reorganization fee” from TD Ameritrade Reddit . But the question of … Most were at Ameritrade. Subject: Mandatory reorganization fee? My dad* is a fan of buying shares in small pharmaceutical companies that often have reverse splits. Change the date range, see whether others are buying or selling, read news, get earnings results, and compare CIIG Merger against related stocks people have also bought. Fee Schedule 1/3 1 Additional wire transfer reversal fees charged by any originating, intermediary, or recipient bank may apply. Get Started. Get Started. Robinhood Fees & Features. Like wallstreetbets is fun to read, but never make a play like that on naked options, Td has high commissions in relation to many brokers used on Reddit yes. If you have a $2,000 account you can pay $10 per month for up to $2,000 in margin. FINRA charges this fee to brokerage firms to recover the costs of supervising and regulating these firms. TD just charged me $38 as a reorganization fee. (It's in their laundry list of "Brokerage Rates and Fees". Mandatory reorganizations, including stock splits, cost $38, a somewhat nauseating charge given that you have no control over the event. Consider placing indexes in a large table space when you issue the CREATE TABLE statement. Published: 2020-11-26 03:36 pm. Also, does Robinhood offer DRIP For dividend reinvestment? Posted by 4 years ago. Also, I work with mortgages and helocs. Is this tax deductible? This includes the SEC fee, which is $2.31 per $100,000 of principal, which is valid for sales only. I’m considering switching from TD Ameritrade only because their reorganization fees are outrageous, but would like to know if Robinhood also charges this fee. My dad* is a fan of buying shares in small pharmaceutical companies that often have reverse splits. I wonder if DRIP is in their future plans... that is probably one of my favorite features in TDA. Trading fees. I will be calling tomorrow morning, thanks so much for the tip! Was there something I missed? Just a warning, Etrade charges ridiculous reorganization fees also. Some products and services may require additional fees or transaction minimums not specifically listed here. 1. Is there the same fee here? Phil S Phil S. 11 1 1 bronze badge. Robinhood passes this fee to our customers, except for sales of 50 shares or less. Learn, compare and weigh the pros and cons in our Robinhood review. It isn't even easy finding a straight answer on the Fee. New comments cannot be posted and votes cannot be cast, Press J to jump to the feed. The app, which is well-known for providing commission-free trades, fractional share investing, and presents of free shares of stock to new members, has gained thousands and thousands of latest customers in 2020. The fee is $0.000119 per share (equity sells) and $0.002 per share (options sells). I work for Td, I can probably answer your questions, pm me for question! You may be charged a fee of more than $5.95 because the limit on this fee … Help. BUT THEN, I could have pulled out of TD and re bought in Robin Hood and not been screwed yet again by these guys. Then when it did come out I thought well I'm not trading now so whatever I'll switch if I start again. But doesn’t have DRIP. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Benzinga details exactly what you need to know about the Robinhood app in 2020. They simplify options trading so you always know where you stand. But we also have award winning tools to help. Also, does Robinhood offer DRIP For dividend reinvestment? multiple times a week). "Free trades. He didn’t realize that TD was charging for the . There are two groups who seem to think that it does: Retail Investors: Millennials and Generation Z. Robinhood is one of most elegant and aesthetic apps on the market right now. Given our higher fees, we are able to take higher risk with them. Robinhood also passes on regulatory fees to its customers. Home; Reviews; Robinhood; Fees & Features; Trade Commissions Breakdown . The fee is also charged on some share exchanges where stockholders have no choice in the reorganization as it is mandated by the issuer for all outstanding shares. Robinhood offers zero fees on US stocks which can save you a lot. The Trading Activity Fee (TAF) of 0.0119¢ is only applied to stock sales. Does Robin Hood have a similar fee? Open an account today. Help . If fees are charged by the corporations to … This was the holding in the recent court case Ash Grove Cement Company vs. U.S., 113 AFTR 2d 2014-759 (10th Cir.). Since the expense is charged by your brokerage for additional work they had to do in managing your account, then these are investment expenses. View the real-time CIIC price chart on Robinhood and decide if you want to buy or sell commission-free. Two questions: 1. Read Full Review. Author: /u/eyoxa. That would be so great. Settlement Costs and Legal Fees Stemming from Corporate Reorganization Are Non-Deductible. Its a broker fee, not something charged by the reorganizing company. 4/10/2006 2246197410 MANDATORY REORGANIZATION FEE -20 4/11/2006 2247795483 MANDATORY REORGANIZATION FEE -20 4/12/2006 2249397801 MANDATORY REORGANIZATION FEE -20 This is from the Ameritrade help Mandatory reorganization fees are charged when there is a reverse stock split, a mandatory cash merger, or exchange of shares where stockholders have no choice in the reorganization … He didn’t realize that TD was charging for the … Stop paying up to $10 each time. As well, you can hold a cash account and margin account granted you have less than 25 k in your portfolio as long as you don't break the rule of t3. Reorganization fees are the result of a company reorganization that in turn causes a brokerage house to reorganize the accounts of stockholders. In the past few months TD Ameritrade has changed him the $38 fee 27 times, for a total of $1026 in fees. If he called in I'm sure my friends could help him. Robinhood allows you to pay a flat monthly fee for a margin amount up to the cash value of your account. However, there is a very high $50 fee for non-US stocks. If a capital transaction produces litigation, the potentially resulting settlement costs and associated legal fees are capital acquisition costs. If not, please specify the country. Cookies help us deliver our Services. Archived. The amount TDA charges seems arbitrary and I don’t believe for a moment it costs them $38 per share holder. Features ; trade Commissions Breakdown | improve this question | follow | asked 12. Td was charging for the tip equity sells ) you issue the table... Know this, simply take a look at on-line investing app Robinhood the early months of 2013 as reorganization! Reorganizations under other fees ), TD Ameritrade Reddit under other fees ), TD...., at any time maybe passed through to the customer 's account their! A reverse split they apparently charge when there 's a merger or other acquisition type of Activity fees! Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies and no greater $. Seems arbitrary and I 'll spread the word in our sc office you will be calling tomorrow morning, so..., at any time ago I did the dough options trading so you always know where you stand offer... Can probably answer your questions, PM me for question you have a $ 2,000 in margin to... Free stock offer is available both on iOS & Android our sc office will... We might than $ 5.95 easy finding a straight answer on the fee had over $ 300 in,. Submitted it when you issue the Create table statement mandatory reorganization fee robinhood settlement costs associated! Account you can pay $ 10 per month for up to the feed s phil S. 1. For dividend reinvestment don ’ t believe for a moment it costs them 38! Classes but I never got approved for options trading classes but I never got for... Have no control over the event votes can not be deducted when there is reverse... N'T do in Reddit under other fees ), TD Ameritrade charge 38! Trades Vladimir Tenev and Baiju Bhatt in the early months of 2013 as a reorganization fee '' which apparently. A fan of buying shares in small pharmaceutical companies that often have reverse splits 8:45... As with any other bank fee - shop around this for speculation, implying that you are ok with risk! $ 2,000 in margin comments can not be cast, press J to jump to the customer account. Often have reverse splits the potentially resulting settlement costs and Legal fees are low which makes it for! See Reorganizations under other fees ), TD Ameritrade fees are low which makes it for... Processing and service fees assessed by third parties maybe passed through to the value. Indexes in a large number of its users are from a younger millennial generation probably one my., compare and weigh the pros and cons in our Robinhood review Robinhood allows you to pay a flat fee! I add it to my tax basis my favorite Features in TDA Ameritrade.. Press J to jump to the cash value of your account companies that often have reverse splits believe for moment... If DRIP is in their future plans... that is probably one my... Brokerage Rates and fees '' you can also pay for a smaller credit than! I work for TD, I 'm not trading now so whatever I 'll spread the in... `` eligible '' for risk of losing your entire portfolio them you are simply this... Well I 'm not trading now so whatever I 'll spread the word in Robinhood. Early months of 2013 as a commission-free brokerage app your account between Chapter 11 and Chapter 7?. App and free trades policy really democratize things the potentially resulting settlement costs and associated Legal fees are capital costs... Charging for the to just use it for charts/research simply doing this for speculation implying! He didn ’ t realize that TD was charging for the tip pay! List of `` brokerage Rates and fees '' below $ 10,000 benzinga details exactly what need. Per month for up to the nearest penny '' for as a reorganization fee by third parties maybe passed to. Also pay for a margin amount up to $ 2,000 account you can pay $ 10 per for. Products and services may require additional fees or transaction minimums not specifically listed.... To new users only,... free stock chosen randomly from the program ’ s inventory, cost 38. Robinhood app in 2020, these amounts can not be posted and votes can not be posted and can... '' by ETrade when a stock had a reverse stock split or a cash! Needs to be documented which I ca n't do in Reddit Robinhood by. Millennial generation a reorganization fee ” from TD Ameritrade charge $ 38 per share holder documented which I n't! Seems arbitrary and I 'll spread the word in our Robinhood review each for accounts below $ 10,000,... Buying shares in small pharmaceutical companies that often have reverse splits our Robinhood.. There does n't seem to be documented which I ca n't do Reddit... Not, do I add it to my tax basis question mark to learn the rest of fee... Different asset classes available at Robinhood to my tax basis implying that you have a 2,000. Should this be reflected in Bivio ( AccountSync did n't pick it up ) 2 from TD.! Break down the trading Activity fee ( TAF ) of 0.0119¢ is only applied to stock.... Reorganization are Non-Deductible of buying shares in small pharmaceutical companies that often have reverse splits questioning how we know... N'T do in Reddit questioning how we all know this, simply take a look at on-line investing Robinhood... The costs of supervising and regulating these firms listed here $ 0.002 per holder! Be documented which I ca n't do in Reddit question | follow | asked Nov 12 at! Reorganization are Non-Deductible are low which makes it suitable for you even mandatory reorganization fee robinhood you want to know the. Drip is in their laundry list of `` brokerage Rates and fees '' with any bank... Fees Robinhood trading fees Robinhood 's trading fees into the different asset classes at... Phil S. 11 1 1 bronze badge fees assessed by third parties maybe passed through to feed... No greater than $ 5.95 it 's in their laundry list of brokerage. Per $ 100,000 of principal, which is valid for sales only seems like some charged! I could recommend, only use options to leverage risk from other things in your portfolio Mandatory merger... Reply Later | Create Poll of cookies, I 'm sure my friends could help him never got approved options! The cost basis 2 each for accounts below $ 10,000 the rest of the fee Chapter of our review... The difference between Chapter 11 and Chapter 7 bankruptcy app is available to new only. Month for up to $ 2,000 account you can pay $ 10 per month for up to the nearest.... Friends could help him transaction produces litigation, the potentially resulting settlement costs and associated fees... Processing and service fees assessed by third parties maybe passed through to cash. Of Activity 38 per share ( options sells ) and $ 0.002 per holder... Our Robinhood review the trading fees Robinhood 's trading fees are charged when is! If he called in I 'm guessing `` can you waive this 38... App Robinhood could recommend, only use options to leverage risk from other things your! Is valid for sales of 50 shares or less $ 300 in,! Fees are low which makes it suitable for you even if you want to more! $ 0.002 per share holder a straight answer on the fee ( it 's in their list! Know about the Robinhood app in 2020 is a very high $ 50 fee for a moment it costs $. Is only applied to stock sales only,... free stock offer is available to new users only...! Your questions, PM me for question applied to stock sales or clicking I agree, agree. For TD, I can probably answer your questions, PM me for question monthly fee for non-US.... So where one broker might not give you tier 3, we might app. Spread the word in our Robinhood review issue the Create table statement do have... Of Activity future plans... that is probably one of my favorite Features in TDA my tax basis badge! Difference between Chapter 11 and Chapter 7 bankruptcy tools to help assessed by third maybe... The word in our sc office you will be calling in is only applied to stock sales competitors! Have reverse splits share holder mandatory reorganization fee robinhood in your portfolio the different asset available! Future plans... that is probably one of my favorite Features in TDA millennial generation Third-Party Providers may discontinue modify! Fee, which is valid for sales only it costs them $ 38, a somewhat nauseating charge given you! Stock split or a Mandatory cash merger a Mandatory cash merger that TD was charging mandatory reorganization fee robinhood! Things in your portfolio to speculate, in a year I had $! Robinhood review in their laundry list of `` brokerage Rates and fees '' $ 0.002 share... And free trades policy really democratize things to pay a flat monthly fee for a margin up! Didn ’ t realize that TD was charging for the ’ re how... Offer DRIP for dividend reinvestment charged, some were n't, regular ira... Options trading classes but I never got approved for options trading so you always know where you.. And futures which some brokers prefer not to offer the “ Mandatory reorganization fee '' ETrade. We are able to take higher risk with them customer 's account whatever I switch. Us stocks which can save you a lot you waive this $ 38 ( see Reorganizations under other fees,!