Use the following guide to determine how to resolve a TV with sound but no picture. That way we can see what you see. I'm sorry to say but I have the same problem. If the TV is connected to an indoor antenna, try to adjust or re-position the antenna until you get stronger signal strength. Should I have replaced the power supply too? We chose 4. This Guided Path® was written and reviewed by Support.com’s Tech Pro team. No. It work for mine. It fixed our tv! 3. That's one of the reasons they only warranty them for 1 year. I can see gray or bluish backlight from led's. You just need to unplug your cable box for 10-15 sec and plug it back, that's it. lisa.a.windsor. If you can see a very dim picture, push the menu button. Same thing purchase a 70-inch just went blank. Jay Tavarez. To test the fuse, follow these steps: But if not, you might have to replace the entire Y-sustain. Samsung Smart TV No Picture but Sound - Fix it Now - YouTube Tv screen looks norm again. I checked the voltage on the Power supply, everything was normal. I am going to write a letter of complaint to Vizio andTarget. I have the same issue with a Vizio E320i-B2. No matter how cheap I will never but a another, 12/10/2016 by It's a really great TV to listen to (sarcasm font needed). The sound is alright but the screen is pitch black. Then use a flashlight and angle the light at the screen on different areas. TV is 4 years old, RCA model LED55TC55R120Q. Check CN 202 (plug connector) on power board for hair line cracks. Who's "Big D" please? I have a Vizio e550i-b2 and there is sound but no picture... help me please! If the picture and sound quality is poor on a specific channel only, there is a possibility that the signal strength of the network is poor. Tv was working this morning, came home this afternoon, no picture. Accessibility. Can some one let me know what I can do? Hope this helps someone else, oldturkey03 We shall see how things go. A cable tech came out today and confirmed it is a problem w/the TV. I got the sound but not the picture. The sound must be returned to normal. Resolder the pins and it's fixed... At least that was the issue with mine. Hold down the power button on the side of the TV for 5 seconds. - … Found the same issue on tv I just repaired for friend. If nothing shows it could be your main board. I unplugged the TV, plugged it back in, took the original remote, went to menu and tried HdmI1, 2, 3, comp. Here are a few reasons it can happen: 1. nothing comes up on the display. Will never buy another Vizio product again. I put my TV on Game mode and dimmed backlight to 50% works. Authored by: Support.com Tech Pro Team. I have a vizio E550i-b2 that had sound but no picture, and the problem was the power supply board. Just another example of the disposable world we live in now. Do not know how to deactivate this. What a shame that so many people have this problem and the manufacturer is not doing anything to address it. https://youtu.be/NKdSrAH8_hs, Trevor Mathews Unplug the TV from the power, remove the back cover off the TV then take close up pictures of the circuit boards, especially the one where the power cord socket or power cord connects to. Then select “Picture & Sound”. It didn't fix anything, so they are sending out parts and a technician. Yes. https://www.amazon.com/VIZIO-E550i-B2-55... Diazplantcity@gmail.com Charles N Ford, I have the same problem with the same model, 10/08/2018 by TCL/Roku TV sales are rising rapidly in the […] Why is the picture being output by the DVD Recorder in Black and White? It worked. Turn the TV on and make sure that you have an audio. My lg Lm3700 has sound but no picture but the tv screen is bright not dark whats the problem and is it a eady fix: Problem with sound It was temporarily going black yesterday and i just turned it off and back on again and it worked fine. Vizio should recommend this instead of saying the television is not repairable and to just buy a new one. I have LG 55LA6205. I have sound but no picture. 7 If the TV screen is still blank, softly tap it with your finger. I have unplugged everything, tried to reset it, no good. Visio is a piece of SH?T, I had the same problem, sound but no picture 55' vizio model, e550i0-b2. See Big D's post from April, 2016. Got everything back to normal. My screen was black but I could hear the sound. I pressed F1 ostensibly to mute, but sound … Try using a different cable to see if your TV picture is restored. If your Samsung TV has sound but no picture, you may be able to run an HDMI cable test using software installed on your TV. Make sure that the Invisible Connection cable is not pinched or bent sharply. 06/23/2016 by Krystal castillo. Repair guides and support for LED, LCD, HD and other Vizio TVs. It powers on with sound, screen is black. 4. If you swap those out and have the same issue you have bad leds. See if that resolved it since a bad cable box can sometimes cause a … @oldturkey03. TV is just 3-years old (d65u-d2 65” model). My Vizio E550i-b2 has the same problem, black screen with sound. 12/04/2016 by But for how long. Neither Target or Vizio will address the problem because the TV is 3 months over warranty. 1. The leds are only available if you purchase the lcd panel assembly. @crystaljperez. We love feedback! And to think I almost threw this thing out. Any help will be highly appreciated. I'm on YouTube everyday---who knew??? Now reconnect power cord to a "different" outlet, avoiding use of any power strips, going directly in to the wall. If your TV has a picture but no sound coming out of the speakers, there are a few things you can easily check. Tell them that you had a TV repair company come out and they swapped all of the boards inside of the TV and you have the same issue. Here is the video link. Swap your HDMI Cable. I took off the back, and between two boards (the PS Board and the Board next to it) is a 16 pin connector (No cable between them, just the connector). What do i check so maybe i can try to fix it. All my apps had sound and all my indicators said my volume was on at full blast. No video. I fixed a motherboard years ago over phone instructions. FYI I was running direct tv on it. As you see, there are plenty of things to check. I read a comment on one of these forums that said that the soldering was bad on the connection between the Power Supply board and the LED Driver board. Problem was led light(s). Dim/dark video, but good sound. Hooked it back up and i was back to playing xbox. Didn't see anything. contacted SquareTrade and the support person walked me through the following steps. Same model Vizio E550i-b2. Just had the green screen of death on my Vizio tv. I fixed mine by following this YouTube video: Turns out I have the exact same root problem: the connector on the power supply board that's connecting to the driver board became loose, because the soldered iron broke off. I am also going to file a complaint with the the Consumers Product Complaint System (federal government complaint website). Sure enough, connector was lose. Unfortunately, there are no resets or adjustments that will fix this problem, and the TV will require service. Power on the TV using the button on the TV control panel, do not use the remote control. TV is 4 years old, RCA model LED55TC55R120Q. We scrolled to the same 4 and bam! As plenty of Roku TV users have started reporting that there is no sound coming out sometimes which seems irritating and not worthy as well. I have same problem. Many many thanks! My husband re-soldered the pins and our TV now works! See below for the best solutions to fix a TV with no sound. How to fix it. Its a little bug in this app I figured out thanks to someone mentioning his cat walked on the kb and that instigated the problem. And if so, is my new LED driver broken now as well? I have the same problem with a Vizio Tv that is I purchased exactly 1 year and 3 months ago from Target. Any help will be appreciated. Has anyone seen this issue on this Vizio model? Until I remember Sometimes I use the LG remote app on my iPhone. -Use a new COAX CABLE for SAT BOX and CABLE BOX. Plug back in and SOMETIMES it may work and fix your issue. Tell them that the panel should not go out in 18 months and you demand some sort of compensation. Did you ultimately have to replace the board or any bulbs? @oldturkey03. "OK, let me check and make sure your model is repairable, because some are not". Press the menu button and check if the menu is displayed.